Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Put people to where they belong

I was with my friend when this thing occur to my mind. She tells another friend of mine that she looks cute in that plain sport t-shirt *which usually makes us looks like a nerdy nerd little school girl. I told her, "don't say that to her, u might make her feel shy". My friend said.

"Let her know that she's cute. It's not a crime."

From that day onwards, I observe people around me, and reflect my past.

There was this time, when I was in religion school, while waiting to perform my prayer, I told my friend that her other friend is beautiful. This person I spoke with is also beautiful, but she has an attitude which I don't really favor. What is it? Let me tell the whole story. After I told her about her friend, she looked at me and smile.

"She's not beautiful Asiah, she is just cute, not beautiful. There are a lot of category of nice-to-see-face, and she's not beautiful."

I can just say that she's beautiful, because she surely is. But i just can't bring myself to compliment her, because she expect me to put her to the higher place than her 'cute' friend has been placed. See. How can she said that about her own friend? I can't tell much about beauty. It is subjective. Maybe to her scale, she's beautiful, and her friend is just cute. But to my opinion, I can assume, her beauty lessen by her attitude.

Why would we want to put people to where they belong? simple.

IT'S WHERE THEY SHOULD BE.

"Do not reject good idea from whom you don't like."

This is another thing I learnt. We tend to reject ideas which came from our enemy, or rival. Why is that so? Because we hate them. Isn't that obvious? Maybe we should start to see things from another angle. Maybe their ideas is not so bad at all. Hate the person, don't hate their ideas.

Of all things that should be put in their place, to condemn people is one thing which we should not put in the appropriate place. I mean, if you saw one super-hideous person pass by, would you go and tell him. " You are a one hideous creature ". That would be so bad.....

There are some things which can and cannot be put on their place. If we think by putting it on it's right place, the world will be a better place, then, do the deed, put it to where it belong. If we are sure it will make this world grew bitter, just swallow the words, and forget about it.

"Kalau takde benda baik nak kata, baik diam."
*pesanan untuk diri sendiri juga ye Asiah, si kaki gosip.

No comments:

Post a Comment